Anold Böcklin-Strasse 1
The Rätische Hof was built by the architect Max Leuger, a co-founder of the German Werkbund, for the music patron Pradella Burckhardt from 1923 – 1924. For a company operating in the pharmaceutical industry, and its owner, the house was rebuilt as headquarters. The building contains offices on the ground floor and attic, as well as an apartment for the owners. In the building, which is a listed monument, the access was supplemented by a wheelchair-accessible elevator, which connects all floors with each other. For this purpose, the service staircase was eliminated and the existing “manor staircase” was extended from the 1st floor by a new steel and glass staircase to the attic. The entire building services have been replaced. The representative appearance of the property was additionally enhanced by a new garden design and the new heated swimming pool in the garden.