The property, which stretches from the Gemsberg to the back of the small Trillengässlein, has grown together from various components, the oldest of which date back to the late Middle Ages and were repeatedly rebuilt until the 19th/20th century. Furthermore, the north wing was raised by one storey and covered with a flat roof attached to the main roof. In 1916, the south wing was fundamentally rebuilt. It received a new street entrance, a new staircase and completely new courtyard facades on the upper floors. In 1954, bathrooms were installed in the main building by enlarging the lavatories.