The “Villa Merian” was built in 1711 in the style of a baroque country palace and was rebuilt in the style of early classicism in 1801. On the first floor are the historically significant and luxurious salons, as well as the boudoir in the Parisian Second Empire style. The painted and stuccoed ceilings with gilded decorations, the painted boiseries, the ceiling and supraport medallions and the parquet floors have been restored. The classical tower stove, which had been dismantled but was still present, was reinstalled. The floor, wall and ceiling surfaces in the entrance hall, the garden hall and the unaltered second floor were repaired. The existing walls and fixtures in the attic were demolished. The roof was re-insulated and new skylights were installed. Three seminar rooms were installed, which are separated from a central zone that provides access to a WC facility and checkroom as well as space for a small storage area.